Are you planning a party? Wedding? But you’re unsure where to begin?
Here’s a tip. Select a theme — like any of the following wedding reception themes — to help you create the highlights and fill in the details.
Wedding reception themes make it easy to organize your celebration. ANY celebration, actually, not only weddings.
Stretch your imagination — sky’s the limit! You can use wedding reception themes for graduation parties, a company banquets, informal block parties, festive holiday parties, or professional networking meetings. Anything!
For example, here we are in a “Masquerade Ball” party on a recent New Year’s Eve. Created and organized by my friend Rick Herns.
Using wedding reception themes gives you a tremendous advantage, which I referred to in a recent post on my Facebook Page.
Got a favorite secret for a successful party? I often recommend using a “theme” to systematically coordinate important details like arranging the music, and all the rest: invitations, publicity, food, flowers, colors & decor, photography, party favors, timeline, costumes, activities, and toasts.
I’ve seen hundreds of wedding reception themes, and any one of them can inspire your next celebration. Think of them by categories — here are just a few I’ve seen:
- Holidays — picnic, Mardi Gras, New Year’s Eve, Valentine’s Day, birthday, anniversary, Halloween
- Books and Movies — Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella, Casablanca, Star Trek, Cowboys, Harry Potter, Tim Burton, Star Wars, Breakfast at Tiffany’s
- Historical Times — Roaring 20s, King Arthur, Big Band Era, Victorian Era, Rock and Roll, Wild West
- Bride’s & Groom’s favorites — songs, places, colors, artists, hobbies, occupations, interests, ethnic background
- Location, Cities, and Countries — beach, picnic, forest, tropical, Paris, London, New York, San Francisco, Hawaii,
- Seasons and Colors — summer, fall, winter, spring, pastel, pink, yellow, red, gold, black & white
Naturally, there’s more than one way to plan music for a party, but using a wedding reception theme is a great one!
How about YOU? Did you use a theme for your last party? How did it help?
Thanks for reading this article. I appreciate your interest and hope you get a few good ideas here. Got one or two? I'd love to hear what you liked. Please write me a little COMMENT below. Start a conversation -- I'll reply. Promise.
By the way, does a friend need help selecting wedding or party music? Do them a favor: EMAIL this article, or SHARE it on Facebook, LinkedIn, or Google+.
And if you find my blog useful, please LIKE it, TWEET it, and SUBSCRIBE for more ideas. Use those cute little icons below.
Meanwhile, the Magnolia Jazz Band entertains at weddings and parties throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. If you are ever nearby, you’ll love catching us in action, seeing and hearing us create a great mood.
How can I help you? Call 408-245-9120 or use Robbie@MagnoliaJazz.com. Planning a celebration? Ask about our availability.